Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Finished Robert B. Parker's 'Sea Change'

My RBP jones continues.

In Sea Change Jesse Stone investigates a body washed up in the ocean during Yacht Week. Along the way he runs across a lot of sex, drugs and rock n roll. Actually, no rock n roll, but extra sex and drugs.

This is book No. 5 in the series. By now, Jesse has been on the wagon for almost a year. It's a pretty interesting subplot as he visits his shrink and discovers how his not drinking is somewhat a metaphor for his rekindling relationship with his ex-wife. Not to ruin it for you, so I'll just say I didn't like the ending.

I'm starting to run out of gas on the Jesse Stone character, so, I'm giving it a 6-minus on the 1-10 Haugenometer. Amazon gives it a 4 of 5. Goodreads a 3.82 of 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment