Friday, January 3, 2014

A 2-percent better Link-Oh-Rama

One big link, a couple shorties, and Taylor Swift just because of the six degrees of separation rule:


** Punters are generally the most boring of NFL players. You don't hear much about them. They're pretty vanilla, and pretty replaceable. Former Viking punter Chris Kluwe, however, is not vanilla, but found out he is indeed replaceable.

In a nutshell, he was one of the rare punters with a personality, plays in a rock band, likes video games, and injected himself into the gay marriage debate last year in Minnesota. After an average season, the Vikings cut him. Not one to go quietly, he came out with an op-ed a couple days ago whining about his situation and narcing out one of his coaches.

Here's his column. Chris Kluwe: I Was An NFL Player Until I Was Fired By Two Cowards And A Bigot

And the Viking players are coming to the defense of their coach. Obviously somebody is a liar. But who knows. Frankly, I don't care what any punter thinks any more than my plumber or tax preparer thinks. (You kick a football for a living!). And I don't care what a special teams coach says any more than, actually less than, my mechanic, my Schwan's salesman, and my barber. (You teach people to kick a football!)

But what I do care about is this dude who wrote a really funny satire on the situation. I wish I'd thought of it. For best effect, read the Kluwe column first, then the Joe Mauer: I Was Moved to First Base Because of My Stance on Milk
Controversy erupted in Twins Territory on Thursday, as Joe Mauer claimed he was moved from catcher to first base not due to concussions, but rather because of his long-standing public support of 2% milk as the "best milk" and skim milk as "the worst milk."
"I was a major league catcher until I was moved to first base by two cowards and an anti-2% milk bigot."
** Apparently the Wall Street Journal has at least 50 friends: We asked 50 of our friends—from April Bloomfield to Mike Tyson—to name their favorite books of 2013

** This weeks mystery music video is from the group with this great lyric: Take a shower, call your mom, you ain’t livin’ like you should.

** And that's it for the links this week. Go surf your own interwebs and send me anything you find interesting. markhaugensd at gmail dot com (I don't know why people do that, but if it makes me look hip and cool, I'm all in.)

No comments:

Post a Comment