Thursday, November 3, 2011

As you see, I'm going in a little different direction with this blog, being a little more free-flowing, no headlines because nothing's that important, more random. I hope that doesn't bother all 47 of you who read this somewhat regularly.
I found it funny and refreshing to see that Salmon Rushdie tweeted a limerick about Kim Kardashian today. Those are two people I never thought I'd see in the same sentence. Good to see he doesn't take himself as seriously as some take him. I like that.

I wouldn't be a good name-dropper if I didn't mention I once asked Arthur Miller a question about Mr. Rushdie during a Q&A at Augustana College. I don't remember the question. Sorry.


I do the journal thing, where I actually write things with a pen. I also tend to carry a small Mead notebook with me most times where I write random things that I might find useful down the road. I write them down, because my memory stinks.

Sometimes I look back on some stuff that makes no sense to me though. Like this I just found: "Survived 17 of his end of time predictions." I have no idea what that means, but it must have meant something at the time I wrote it. It was probably funny at the time.

What worries me most though is I wonder if I say stuff like that too. Stuff that makes sense to me at the time, but makes no sense to anyone else. I'm pretty sure I do. Oh well. If Mr. Rushdie can tweet Kim Kardashian limmericks, I recon I'm allowed the random nonsensical thoughts too.

No comments:

Post a Comment