Monday, February 16, 2015

Don't take liberty with George's facts

I borrowed my oldest daughter my copy of George Washington's Secret Six, which I enjoyed. She's a political science and history grad, has given tours for the U.S. Capitol as a Senate intern; worked as a House intern, was an interpretor for the inaugural season of the Founding Fathers Museum near Rapid City; and is now a staffer for a U.S. Senator. So she's into that stuff!

But she returned the book last week unfinished. Apparently she got to the part where the author said George Washington signed the Declaration of Independence and she was so disgusted with the inaccuracy she couldn't continue reading. In her world, you do not mess with the Declaration of Independence.

I guess historical fiction is not her cup of tea.

She seemed a lot more excited about the biography I bought her of her favorite Founding Father, the youngest signer of TDOE - Edward Rutledge. We'll see how that goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment