Thursday, June 15, 2023

A couple stories that made me chuckle

 This writer is flabbergasted as to Why Is Everyone Watching TV With the Subtitles On?

First off, I take issue with the word "everyone." I'm sure there is somebody out there who isn't, probably millions. None-the-less, I get what he's saying.

I seldom purposefully turn the subtitles on. Seems they're either on or not when I flip on Netflix or Prime. I will make the effort if it's some foreign movie, not even foreign language, just foreign accent. 

He makes the point that he loses all the nuances of the cinematic efforts of the movie when drawn to the words at the bottom of the screen. Seems to me, to avoid that, directors should include more nudity in their movies to draw the eyes elsewhere. Just a thought. 

I'm a problem-solver.

The other update is that we really only have a couple weeks left to let subtitles ruin our nights, as Greta Thunberg pointed out years ago that the world is ending this month. I'm guessing she's wrong and it's not the first time this girl genius has been wrong.

Despite her sparkling personality, I've never really been taken in by her charm and intellect. While I am generally an optimist, I am also a cynic and skeptic when it comes to the "experts" and the child spokespeople held up as such.

This story really does a number on correcting the experts, of which the media are not.

No comments:

Post a Comment