Saturday, March 23, 2019

The snow is about gone - time for tomaters

It's that time of the year again. Actually, it's a week later than that time of the year.


Usually, I plant my tomato seeds on St. Patrick's Day, but this year made the executive decision to delay planting by a week.

Why, Haugen? Why?

Because it's good to be king - of my garden anyway. And my bones, and AccuWeather, tell me it's going to be a cool spring. That's not a very good excuse though, as I usually plant on Memorial Day weekend. Also, the plants seem to get a little leggy by that time, so figured another week won't matter.

Also, my daughter was visiting last weekend, so thought I better not take time off to go play with my dirt.

I went with the usual TomatoFest seeds. They've always done me well, even left-over seeds that are two years old. Will still probably get 90 percent germination out of them.

So there are about 100 seeds in the greenhouse. Heat mats deployed. Grow-lights on standby.

Let's just hope I still won't need those heat mats at the end of May.

No comments:

Post a Comment