Tuesday, May 2, 2017

Sources say, an addendum

On a side note, I am occasionally asked where I get my news. For starters I get none of it from television. I seldom watch local news, never watch network news (though I do have Fox Business on mute in my office throughout the day) and I don’t do any of the late-night talk shows. (And don’t get me started on newspapers doing stories now on what was on Saturday Night Live the night before.) I don’t subscribe to any newspapers, but do read some we get at work. I find the Black Hills Pioneer to be my favorite.

Much of my news is gained via local and national reporters I follow on Twitter. Otherwise, it’s on websites.

My 2 cents recommends thehill.com for any news regarding legislation or events going on in D.C. I know a bit about that stuff and don’t really sense a political leaning there. Pretty straight forward reporting. I don’t waste my time with Politico.

My first-thing-in-the-morning routine on my Kindle usually goes in this order, after Twitter:
drudgereport.com (latest world and national news)

yahoo.com/baseball/fantasy (to see how my SDPheasants team is faring)

aceofspades.mu.nu (a snarky, sometimes profane, hodge-podge of news from politics to art to books and gardening)

twinsdaily.com (for major league features and minor league updates on the Twins)

powerlineblog.com (some conservative attorneys in Minneapolis with updates on national and Minnesota politics as well as Miss Universe reports, and one of the guys is from Watertown)

realclearbooks.com (daily compilation of book news from around the world)

tmz.com (I wash it all down with my daily dose of what the Kardashians and my second wife Jennifer Aniston were up to the night before)

Shake it all around and this is what you get.

No comments:

Post a Comment