Friday, March 21, 2014

Friday's link-oh-rama lives

After being hit with a sinus infection harder than Ali hit Liston (50 years ago) I’m finally getting around to doing a little work/play. Thank you, Z Pack.

** I ran across this list of 50 things that turn 50 this year. Though this recent sickness had me questioning the likelihood, I am slated to turn the big 50 in July. Knock on wood and antibiotics.

** Scoggins: A reminder of what high school sports are about
After several Hopkins basketball players removed their second-place medals almost as soon as they received them on Saturday night, the team's student manager provided a moment to remember.
** Awww, who doesn’t love a good lost-puppy-found-and-returned-to-its-owner story? Cat people, that’s who. Evil cat people.
"I asked a couple of questions to make sure it was her dog. After I was sure, I said, 'When did you lose her?' I was thinking she'd say 'yesterday' but she said 'last summer.' I was like, 'What?' I was ridiculously excited for them. I can't imagine losing my dog for that long, and then actually getting her back."
** Fascinating story about Pakistan government and military: What Pakistan Knew About Bin Laden

** 5 new artists you should listen to after SXSW 2014

** Really funny Axe commercial. That is the cologne of choice among teenage boys these days. About chokes ya. I’m more of a Jay Z Gold guy.

** 10 things Our Kids Will Never Worry About thanks to the information revolution.

No comments:

Post a Comment