Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Author Don Hardy and his wife, Becky, will be in the Black Hills for a series of book signings for Hardy’s book, “Shooting from the Lip: The Life of Senator Al Simpson.” Here's the Rapid City Journal story.

When: 4 p.m. Friday, Oct. 28, at Common Grounds in Spearfish;
10 a.m. Saturday, Oct. 29, Black Hills Bagels, Rapid City;
2 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 29, Belle Fourche Library;
2 p.m. to 4 p.m. Sunday, Oct. 30, The Journey Museum, Rapid City
Sen. Alan Simpson of Wyoming was known for his straight talk and his lively encounters with the press. No one knows that better than Don Hardy, who served as the feisty Republican senator's press secretary and chief of staff during his three terms in the U.S. Senate.

"I think I'm the only person who survived all 18 years in Washington," Hardy said. "I wouldn't have done it for anyone else. After he was elected, I helped load his stuff when he moved in, and when he moved out, I was there, too."

No comments:

Post a Comment