Friday, January 31, 2014

Friday's link-oh-rama

Lots of dog stories this week, which makes it a good week. Here's a dog-heavy link-oh-rama, with my main man Stanley not getting too worked about any of it:


** Labrador retrievers enjoy record 23rd year as most popular US dog.
Surpassing the poodle's 22-year reign some decades ago, the Lab has proliferated as a congenial, highly trainable dog that was developed to fetch game but has readily taken on other roles: search-and-rescue aid, therapy dog, competitor in canine sports and all-around family pet.
** Here’s one of the best columns you’ll find about puppies, dogs and love. David Rooks on: Why a new dog?
At midnight last night, out in the backyard in slippers, housecoat and hoodie, I looked down at the furry shadow at my feet. On her haunches, doing nothing much of value to me or her, Michael’s puppy quizzically looked up at me. “You’ve got some pretty big paws to fill there, little Lucy Loo.” I whispered. “But you know what, you’ll get there.”
 ** It seems like every goofy predictor, from computer to math formula, is picking Seattle to win the Super Bowl, except for these cute puppies. I'm going with the puppies, Denver 24-13.

** One of South Dakota’s last survivors of attack on Pearl Harbor passed away. Here was his story.

No comments:

Post a Comment