Friday, January 24, 2014

Friday Link-oh-Rama

We had 60 mph winds here today. I hate wind, but it does give me the opportunity to use my one and only wind joke: It was so windy today ... I saw a chicken lay the same egg twice!

Here's some linkage that blew in too (seems a little sports heavy this week, but deal with it):

** This is so stupid: What’s Your Home State’s Signature Cocktail? I’ve been known to have been a connoisseur of the liquorian arts back in the day, and I’ve never heard of this supposed “signature cocktail” of South Dakota -- "The President." Never had one, seen one, sniffed one, even heard tales of one. If I had to nominate the most popular drink I’ve seen served in bars that is more unique to SD, it would be a tomato beer with olives. Order that in D.C. or San Francisco and see what kind of looks you get.

** Stu Whitney pretty much nails it with: Richard Sherman and the death of sportsmanship.

** And in more Super Bowl news, want to bet on how many times Peyton says "Omaha?"

** Kevin Woster with a touching story of putting down his farm dog.

** Seems my padres from Norway will be continuing to spread the funk at the Olympics.

** Carl Hiaasen has a little fun with A-Rod and the story he wishes he could tell.
 Lunch is a shark-fin smoothie followed by a complete transfusion (there’s a kid who hit .348 in Triple A last year, a big fan. He swaps blood with me. And each night, before bed, I slather myself head-to-toe with a totally organic cream made from aloe leaves, fresh kale, mint shavings and bull testicles. 
Anybody asks, you tell them to forget all the bad things they’ve heard about A-Rod. I’m an all-natural man who leads a clean, all-natural life.

No comments:

Post a Comment