Saturday, December 21, 2013

Haugen, Texas Ranger - has a ring to it

In response to the Volvo commercial where Jean-Claude Van Damme does the splits between two trucks, they've come out with a Chuck Norris commercial to top it.

After viewing that, a friend sent me a meme (is that what they're called?), because she apparently saw the similarities even before I did. So I felt obligated to post it. Uncanny. It's like looking in the mirror.


I should mention that another young lady (blonde) in our email chain pointed out that, hey, like, ya know, that Chuck Norris video is just, like, a take-off of the Van Damme Volvo commercial.

I told her, I thought that was the point of the Norris follow-up; and that Van Damme stole the idea from me, when I did a similar stunt on two Ford Mustangs going down Highway 18 outside Canton in 1982. There's no video of it, but take my word for it. Like Chuck Norris, I rarely lie.

No comments:

Post a Comment