Tuesday, January 3, 2017

It's time to read a book

So I’ve had this project in my head for quite a while but couldn’t figure out how to pull it off.


As you can see, each book coincides with the hour (except for 9 and 10, which are just place-holders until I read a book with 9 or 10 in the title). The problem was trying to figure out how to hold the books without taping or nailing them. I went to Hobby Lobby and tried to find some sort of little knick-knack holder each book could rest on. But I couldn’t find anything.

Then, the next day, it struck me like a bolt of lightning. Ribbon! Tacks. Clear.

So the boy and I hit up Walmart initially looking for a transparent ribbon, but Junior had a moment of brilliance and said: “Why would they make clear ribbon?” So we settled for “transparent” ribbon which has a little lacy look to it you can barely see in the photo. Then there’s a tack at the top and bottom to hold up the books. Worked like a charm, but kind of limited to paperbacks as I don’t think it will hold hard-cover books.

Anyway, it wasn’t quite as cool as I envisioned in my head, but not bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment