Friday, September 6, 2013

Friday's Link-Ohhhhh-Rama

The kid is on the injured reserve list for football for a couple weeks so my Friday night's just opened up, so really there's no excuse for such a lame Link-O-Rama. I think I might ask Congress if I should even bother doing another one.


*** So Jesse James wasn’t a nice guy? Shocked! Shocked, I tell ya. Long romanticized for his daring exploits, the real Jesse James was a cold-hearted killer, an historian argues in his new book, “Shot All to Hell.” (And this wasn't just a lame excuse to post a picture of Sandra Bullock, who was married to a guy named Jesse James. It is an excellent excuse!)
The public image of Jesse James was forever changed when his gang rode up to the Northfield bank shortly before 2 p.m. on Sept. 7, 1876. 
“I grew up in Jesse James country in Missouri, just 12 miles from where he robbed his first bank,” he said. “I had grown up with the myth, and in the myth, Jesse could do no wrong. I wanted to examine the real Jesse James, the Jesse James that was a killer, a coldblooded killer at times."
*** Well this sucks. An Indian woman, who wrote a popular memoir about her escape from the Taliban, has been shot dead in Afghanistan by suspected militants, police say.

 *** Boom! #1 already. Rush Limbaugh announced Thursday that he is coming out with a childrens' book this October, to be titled Rush Revere and the Brave Pilgrims: Time-Travel Adventures with Exceptional Americans.
It's written for young people, and it's written honestly, and it does not have an agenda.  It's just the truthful history of the Pilgrims, who they were, where they came from, why they came here, what happened when they got here. The true story of Thanksgiving.  There's no politics in this. Ages 10 to 13, something like that, is the age group it's written for, but it's for everybody.
*** Hey, your garden isn’t toast yet. The end of summer doesn't mean the end of gardening season. Plenty of second-season vegetables can thrive in the cooler temperatures of autumn. Popular Mechanics says so! So it must be.

 *** At the risk of sounding mean, this week's nominee for Please Just Go Away is Lamar Odom. Now, actually, I have a soft spot for people with addiction problems (stay tuned for a future post on my girl Lindsay Lohan) so I don't mean go away from NBA or the country or life, I mean just go away from the Kardashian family. Run, run, run! Seriously, I'd be doing drugs too if I were married into that clan. Good luck, Lamar.

*** And when these guys are rich and famous, you can say you saw them here first.


No comments:

Post a Comment