Saturday, March 1, 2014

Link-oh-Mardi Gr-ama

Some apologies are in order: First, sorry the Friday Link-O is a Saturday Link-O. I know how many of you set your watches by it (zero). But Mardi Gras called and I had the answer. Second, sorry to Kevin Costner for taking so much money from your Blackjack dealers last night in Deadwood. That movie coming out next month better not be another Waterworld, just saying. And, thirdly, I'd like to apologize to the woolly mammoth who came to my door this morning looking to get out of the snow and cold. Suck it up, man, you're a mammoth! A little snow and cold won't kill ya.

Links:

** Harold Ramis died earlier this week. This oral history (in Esquire) from Ramis and other participants on the making of Ghostbusters is pretty cool.

** From the NYT comes the last disposable action hero.

** How Mexico’s po-po caught ‘El Chapo’

** While I wouldn't vote for him, it's hard not to like our Veep. Here's a good profile on him.

** Here are things the President could learn from Kate Upton (caution: don't view this if you are averse to jiggling).

** Grateful student sets up video chat with 'Life of Pi' author.
Knowing Christensen’s admiration for Martel and “Life of Pi,” she decided the two men should “meet” via video chat. It seemed like a long shot, but she contacted the author on Facebook and made her request. Martel responded the same day. “I am indeed busy, what with my three children and my new novel that I’m revising, but a good teacher is worth the interruption,” he wrote. “I had my share of great teachers when I was young, and I am still grateful to them.”

No comments:

Post a Comment