Sunday, August 12, 2012

Kino rides along on vacation

My son and I, and dog, recently spent a few days camping, hiking and fishing in the Big Horn Mountains of Wyoming and the Absaroka-Beartooth Mountains in Montana. I am working to convince my son that other manly pursuits, besides hunting, fishing and football, can include reading. I told him girls appreciate a well-read man. (I don't know that or anything else about women but I'm grasping for motivational straws to get him to catch the reading bug.)

Here Luke is on the drive home Saturday, absorbing "The Pearl." I like the fact that a 14-year-old boy is reading John Steinbeck. I like it a lot. It's not due to me though. It's summer reading required by the school. Whatever works!

And, by the way, we had a fabulous get-away. Kino could only wish to have had such a good time.


No comments:

Post a Comment