Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Thought provoking? Or just provocative?

Every once in a while you run across a surprising, independent thought by a newspaper columnist. And I used to be one, so I know how difficult that can be. What makes this so unique to me is who it is that is going against the grain and against conventional wisdom. It's a garden blog writer, Rhonda Hayes, taking on the Pink industry. Interesting ... Put Off By Pink
Two years ago I found myself dreading October and all the pink crap that goes with it. You see, those of us with more than a nodding acquaintance with breast cancer (and our numbers grow bigger every year) don't need a publicity campaign to keep it "top of mind". We know it every day, by the scars on our chests and the holes in our hearts. We know it by absence; through the empty spots at our family gatherings. If you want to know the truth, we'd like to not think about it now and then.

No comments:

Post a Comment